The latest entry requirements for Kenya travel
1. All passengers arriving into Kenya through any point of entry must have a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination. Travelers below the age of eighteen (18) years are exempt from this requirement.
2. All passengers coming to Kenya must be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 72 hours before departure regardless of the route of entry. Children below the age of five (5) years are exempt from this requirement.
3. There will be no paper verification of COVID-19 test results and vaccination certificates upon arrival into Kenya. Airlines should ensure that all travelers have uploaded both documents into global haven before boarding via www.globalhaven.org
4. All travelers will be expected to fill the travelers’ locator form and submit before travel to http://bit.ly/covid19moh and thereafter submit daily health information to “jitenge” platform for 14 consecutive days.
5. All passengers with flu-like symptoms at the point of entry, or those who develop clinical symptoms within 14 days of arrival shall be placed into quarantine and be tested for COVID19 at a government testing facility.
6. Any person who tests positive on antigen RDT at any point of entry will be isolated at a Ministry of Health designated facility or at home for returning Kenyans and residents for ten (10) days at the travelers own cost. Further they shall be subjected to a COVID-19 PCR test before discharge.
7. Diplomats and Senior government officials will be exempt from quarantine but must be in possession of negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours before travel.
8. Passengers travelling out of Kenya will require a COVID 19 vaccination certificate. In addition, they will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the destination country.
9. Pre-departure testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
10.All travelers to countries requiring antigen testing hours before travel will be required to undertake pre-travel rapid antigen test at the MOH Port Health facility at the airport and the results uploaded to the Trusted Travel platform.
11. Inbound and transit passenger flights from UAE are suspended.
ALL TRAVELERS ORIGINATING THEIR TRAVEL OR TRANSITING THROUGH THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO A FREE ARRIVAL RAPID ANTIGEN TEST AT POINT OF ENTRY.
1 South Africa 2. Botswana 3.Zimbabwe 4.Malawi 5. Eswatini 6.Lesotho 7.Namimbia 8. Mozambique 9. Zambia 10.Malawi 11.Ghana 12.Nigeria
This list of countries shall be updated periodically based on the evidence on the evolution of the variant globally.