1. Controller and contactThe controller for purposes of processing your personal data is: Africa Catalog Ltd Room H, 10/F, New Hennessy Tower, 263 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong If you have any questions or suggestions regarding data protection or would like to exercise your rights, please feel free to contact us at the following link: email@example.com.
2. Subject of data protectionThe subject of data protection is personal data, i.e. all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data is also referred to simply as data in the following.
3. Automated data collectionWhen accessing our website, your end device automatically transmits data for technical reasons. The following data is stored separately from other data that you may transmit to us: URL of the page accessed Latency of the network connection Date and time We store this data for the following purposes: for load balancing, i.e. to distribute access to our website across several devices and to be able to offer you the fastest possible loading times; to ensure the security of our IT systems, e.g. to defend against specific attacks on our systems and to recognise attack patterns; to ensure the proper operation of our IT systems, e.g. if errors occur that we can only rectify by storing the IP address; to enable criminal prosecution, averting of danger or legal prosecution in the event of specific indications of criminal offences.
4. Reviews and ratingsOur website offers the possibility to rate and comment on tours or activities. After you have completed a tour booked via our website, we may ask you to rate it accordingly. Submitting a rating is, of course, voluntary. When you submit a rating, we collect the data you enter in order to process it according to the function you use and publish it on our website. You can have a rating deleted at any time by contacting our customer service. The processing of your data for these purposes is done to protect our legitimate interest in providing our users with as much information as possible about the tours we offer.
5. Customer support5.1 Processing of enquiries If you send us enquiries by e-mail, by telephone, via our contact form, by WhatsApp, via our social media channels or by any other means, we will process the information you provide in connection with this in order to process your enquiry. Further storage of the data transmitted within the context of your enquiry is based on our legitimate interest in the proper documentation of our business operations and the safeguarding of our legal positions and, if applicable, for the fulfilment of legal obligations. 5.2 Improvement of customer service In order to continuously improve our customer service, we analyse enquiries sent to us on the basis of certain parameters and keywords. Although, as a matter of principle, no analysis is carried out on the basis of personal data, it cannot be ruled out that, in individual cases, personal data may also be processed within this context. The processing required within this context serves our legitimate interest as well as that of our customers in the continuous improvement of our customer service. 5.3 Translations In certain cases, it is necessary for us to translate incoming requests into a specific language. This may require the processing of personal data necessary to protect our legitimate interest in providing international customer service.
6. Technical service providersWe use technical service providers for hosting and some of the services required for the website. Accordingly, the processing of data takes place on the servers of these service providers. These service providers only process the data according to our explicit instructions and are obliged to guarantee sufficient technical and organisational measures for data protection. 6.1 Hosting of the website For the hosting of our website, we use the services of Amazon Web Services . ("AWS") based in United States. Accordingly, when you interact with our website or provide personal data, it is processed on AWS servers.
7. Bookings & payments7.1 Bookings When you book a tour, activity or similar on our site, we collect the data required to carry out the tour. This usually includes the following information: First and last name, billing address, email address, telephone number, number of participants, date and time. Depending on the activity booked, it may also be necessary for us to collect further information, such as your flight number or the age of the participants. To the extent necessary, we will transfer your data to the body responsible for the tour or activity. 7.2 Payments You have various options for paying for your booking. In doing so, we will process the data required in each case depending on the selected payment method. Within this context, your personal data will be processed as described below, and is necessary to carry out the payment method you have chosen. 7.3 Credit card payments For the processing of payments by credit card, we use the service provider Stripe, Inc. ("Stripe"), which is based in the United States. The data provided during your payment will be forwarded by Stripe to the respective banks or financial institutions for the purpose of processing the payment. In the case of payments by credit card, we only receive the information that a payment has or has not been made. We therefore have no knowledge of your credit card number. 7.4 Payment via PayPal If you have a PayPal account, you can also process your payment via PayPal. In this case, we receive from PayPal not only the information that a payment has been made, but also the e-mail address and address you have registered with PayPal. 7.5 Chargebacks In the event of chargebacks, we will then process the chargeback with your bank or PayPal or Ayden. The processing is carried out within the context of the execution of the contract as well as on the basis of our legitimate interest in the effective processing of chargebacks .
8. Fraud preventionIn order to protect ourselves and the activity providers from fraudulent bookings, we evaluate the information provided by our customers during the booking process, including the data technically transmitted by their device, insofar as this is necessary to protect our legitimate interest and that of the activity providers in reliable bookings .
10. Marketing and remarketing servicesEvaluation of advertising on the web and on social media platforms We place advertisements, widgets, paid links, etc. on third-party sites on the web and on social media platforms. In order to measure the success of our advertisements, cookies are set – insofar as you have consented – when you are redirected from the relevant third-party site to our website in order to use them to analyse click behaviour for billing purposes. The use of the cookies and the analysis of your click behaviour is based on your consent, which we obtain before the respective cookie is set . You can revoke your consent at any time via our Cookie Consent Manager. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out until your revocation.
11. CRM systemTo manage our customer relationships, we store your personal data in our CRM system. This enables us to answer any enquiries in a targeted manner and to send you contextual advertising within the permissible framework. The processing that takes place within this context is based on our legitimate interest in managing our customer relationships.
12. Product developmentWe also process our customer data in order to continuously develop our products. In doing so, we use pseudonymous profiles to analyse how our products and our advertising are received by certain target groups. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving our products and measuring the success of our business operations . Where necessary, we will also ask you for your consent. You can revoke any consent you may have given for this purpose at any time with effect for the future. For this purpose, you can, for example, contact us using the contact details above. A revocation does not affect the processing that took place until your revocation.
14. Erasure of your dataWe delete or anonymise your personal data as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or used it in accordance with the above paragraphs. We also continue to retain your data if we are obliged to do so for legal reasons or if the data is needed for a longer period of time for criminal prosecution or to secure, assert or enforce legal claims. If you delete your user account, your profile will be deleted completely and permanently. However, we will retain backup copies of your data to the extent and for as long as this data is required for legal reasons or for criminal prosecution or to secure, assert or enforce legal claims. If data must be retained for legal reasons, processing will be restricted. The data is then no longer available for further use.
15. Your rights as a data subjectYou have the rights described below with regard to the processing of your personal data. To exercise your rights, you can make a request here, by post or by email to the address above. 15.1 Right of access to information You have the right to receive information from us at any time, upon request, about the personal data we process that concerns you, to the extent and subject to the conditions of Art. 15.2 Right to correct incorrect data You have the right to request that we correct personal data relating to you without delay if it is inaccurate. 15.3 Right to restriction of processing This right exists in particular if the accuracy of the personal data is disputed between the user and us, for the duration that the verification of the accuracy requires, as well as in the event that the data subject requests restricted processing instead of erasure in the case of an existing right to erasure; furthermore, in the event that the data is no longer required for the purposes pursued by us, but the user requires it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, as well as if the successful exercise of an objection is still disputed between us and the user. 15.4 Right to object You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out, We will then stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. 15.5 Right of appeal You have the right to contact a supervisory authority of your choice in case of complaints.